After you have installed Arduino you will need to download the firmware from https://github.com/eckertech/Ecksbot
(Note: Installing arduino is explained in the "Installing Arduino on Windows" installation guide in the eckertech forums. Those instructions can be accessed at the following link: http://forum.eckertech.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=125
You will have to download the entire zip file, and it is easiest to download it to your desktop for the rest of these instructions. You can do that by right clicking on the button, and then left clicking on the "Save Link As" menu item from the drop down menu.zip
This will present you with the option of choosing your download location. Click on desktop on the left, and then click save on the bottom right. Once you click save, you'll need to wait a bit for the download to complete.
Once the file has completed downloading, you will have an icon on your desktop representing the zip file of the entire ecksbot build, firmware, and slic3r settings.
Right click on this icon and select "Extract All" from the drop down menu. Follow the onscreen instructions to extract the entire folder to your desktop.
Once you have downloaded and extracted the file, you can delete the zip file if you want, it's no longer needed.
Now open the Arduino software.
(Note: To open arduino, you'll need to double click on the arduino.exe file that is located in your arduino folder. The arduino folder is located wherever you extracted it during the installation that was covered in the following forum http://forum.eckertech.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=125
When you first open Arduino it will look something like this
Inside of Arduino click on "File" and select "Open" or use CRTL+O
Navigate to the firmware folder inside the eckertech files that you extracted earlier. (From the desktop it should be in the "eckertech folder/Firmware/Marlin/Marlin"). Find the file "Marlin.pde" in the Marlin folder and highlight it by clicking on it, then click on "Open".
The Marlin firmware will now open with several tabs i.e. Marlin, Configuration.h, Configuration_adv.h, EEPROMwrite.h, etc...
To upload the firmware you'll need to follow the steps below (it's easy):
(Note: If Repetier (or another host program) is open, make sure to either close it or disconnect it from the ecksbot before uploading)
1. Make sure the ecksbot is connected to your computer
2. Click on "Tools" then "Board" then "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK". This will select the arduino mega 2560 as your default board.
3. Click on "Tools" then "Serial Port" then select the COM port you made a note of earlier in the arduino installation guide that corresponds to your arduino (In my case COM8)
4. Click the "Upload" button (highlighted yellow in the following picture) to upload the firmware to your Ramps electronics
5. In the bottom left corner of Arduino a "compiling" message will appear followed by an "Uploading" message. After the firmware has been uploaded the message will change to "Done". There you have it, you have just uploaded Marlin to your Ramps electronics.